Aptima Combo 2® Assay (for CT/NG)
Protecting Reproductive & Sexual Health
The dual target detection Aptima Combo 2 assay provides excellent diagnostic performance across a broad range of specimen types, from both patient and clinician collected samples.1 The assay targets rRNA for the enhanced detection of multiple targets.
23s rRNA target (dual)
16s rRNA target
Aptima® CT and Aptima® GC assays with different targets are also available for testing on the same sample.
Clarity & Confidence in Every Diagnosis
The CE-marked assay delivers reliable results from multiple specimen types, including male urine and self or clinician-collected vaginal swabs.1
Simplify & Scale the Future of Diagnostics
Aligned With UK National Guidelines
Protect Fertility With Accurate Testing
Evidence. Insight. Collaboration.
Our education portal improves patient care through excellence in education, communication of clinical and scientific evidence, and partnerships with the healthcare community.
- Aptima Combo 2 Assay. [package insert]. AW-19693-001 Rev. 001. Hologic, Inc., 2020.
- Unemo M, Hansen M, Hada R, et al. Sensitivity specificity, inclusivity and exclusivity of the updated Aptima Combo2 assay, which provides detection coverage of the new diagnostic-escape Chlamydia trachomatis variants. BMC Infect. Dis 2020;20:419.
- Chernesky M, Jang D, Luinstra K, et.al. High analytical sensitivity and low rates of inhibition may contribute to detection of Chlamydia trachomatis in significantly more women by the APTIMA Combo 2 assay. J Clin. Microbiol. 2006:44(2):400-405.
- Ratnam S, Jang D, Gilchrist J et.al. Workflow and Maintenance Characteristics of Five Automated Laboratory Instruments for the Diagnosis of Sexually Transmitted Infections. J. Clin. Microbiol. 2014;52(7):2299-2304.
- Fifer H, Saunders J, Soni S, et al. British Association for Sexual Health and HIV national guideline for the management of infection with Neisseria gonorrhoeae (2019). [Cited Nov 12]. Available from https://pcwhf.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/gc-2019.pdf
- Nwokolo NC, Dragovic B, Patel S, et al. 2015 UK national guideline for the management of infection with Chlamydia trachomatis.Int J STD AIDS. 2016 Mar;27(4):251-67.
- Workowski KA, Bachman LH, Chan PA, et al. Sexually Transmitted Infections Treatment Guidelines 2021. MMWR Recomm Rep 2021;70.
Hologic BV, Da Vincilaan 5, 1930 Zaventem, Belgium.
Notified Body number wherever applicable